Old 11-08-2006, 02:10 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Tomato Rotoation Time Frame

Hi, Everybody,

I have read that tomatoes should be placed in a different area
each year, due to the risk of diseases building up in one spot of
soil.

Apparantly, this also applies to potatoes. Are they
interchangeable (meaning that I shouldn't put tomatoes in the
spot where last years potatoes were)?

So I am wondering how many different areas are needed? Meaning,
How many seasons/years does a previously used spot need, before
it is safe to put tomatoes there again?

If I rotated around three areas, would that be enough? Or four?

Is there anything else that shouldn't go in last season's tomato
area?

Thanks for your comments.

--
Want Freebies?