Old 10-08-2006, 10:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle[_1_] Mike Lyle[_1_] is offline
Registered User

Default OT?: Winemaking

David Rance wrote:
On Thu, 10 Aug 2006, Mike Lyle wrote:

[...]
A side-effect of pectinase is actually to improve juice-extraction, so
flavour will be better. It's a good idea to use it as a matter of
routine for any wine.

Again, as I mentioned to Janet, if you ferment the yeast on the pulp
this will do the same thing so you don't need pectolase. Pectolase
breaks down the cells in the fruit. Yeast will do the same as it
ferments the sugar in the fruit.

I won't say "I think you'll find...", as it's irritating!

--
Mike.