Old 11-08-2006, 01:33 PM posted to rec.gardens
J.C.[_1_] J.C.[_1_] is offline

Default Pumpkin problems in Newfoundland

"Dwayne" wrote in message
Try it, but I have found that if there aren't enough pollinators (how many
is enough?) they will still shrivel and drop off. You might try spraying
them with sugar water and see if flies, ants, or butterflies will come to
them. There are enough other plants growing there that require
pollinators, and I don't see why pumpkins wouldn't work. If you could
figure a way to draw the black flies to them you might have invented
something (we used to live at Goose Bay).

Dwayne

I was stationed at Ernest Harmon in Stephenville in 1965/66. It was one of
the most beautiful places I've ever seen. I would sure like to visit one
time before I leave this old earth. So, figure out those pumpkins so there
will be some if I ever get the chance for that visit. G

--
J.C.