Old 11-08-2006, 11:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Galpin Janet Galpin is offline

Default OT?: Winemaking

The message
from David Rance contains these words:

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006, Mike Lyle wrote:

Again, as I mentioned to Janet, if you ferment the yeast on the pulp
this will do the same thing so you don't need pectolase. Pectolase
breaks down the cells in the fruit. Yeast will do the same as it
ferments the sugar in the fruit.

I won't say "I think you'll find...", as it's irritating!

What *is* irritating is someone who doesn't finish his sentences! ;-)

I take it you don't agree with me. That's all right. We all have our own
experience of what works best for us. I've been making grape wine for
thirty years and fruit wines for thirty-four. What I wrote is what works
best for me having initially followed the advice of such writers as Mary
Tritton, Peter Duncan and Brian Acton.

Did these writers have a particular slant in common? Would they be in
broad agreement with writers like C J J Berry who is often recommended?

Janet G