Old 11-08-2006, 08:47 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
[email protected] delcolja@mail.ab.edu is offline

Default Boycott Gettysburg

Mick Fournier wrote:
Tom,

When I was in sixth grade I had a crush on my sixth grade teacher. I wanted
to marry her and have her take me away from all the ugliness (and boredom)
of sixth grade... I had big plans for her and me. She had a driver's
license and I didn't so she could have driven the getaway car I thought.
However, I was always quite a talker in grade school and I interrupted the
class one to many times. My punishment from her for this infraction of the
class rules was that I had to memorize a good portion of the Gettysburg
address ...

A good portion? The so-called Bliss copy of whole damned thing is only
272 words!

Just be thankful she wasn't a German teacher who made you memorize
"Der Alte Barbarossa" for a German declamation contest.

J. Del Col