Old 11-08-2006, 06:56 PM posted to sci.bio.botany

Default Plants that absorb harmful elements/toxins?

In message .com, Jeff
writes
Hello all.

I'm a militant earthy-crunchy (seriously), but I'm not here to cause
political riff-raff.

I'm looking to compile a list of known seeds that will grow plants that
are able to absorb significant amounts of chemicals, pesticides, and
other well known harmful materials.

Could anyone give me pointers/URL's that would help in my research?

The environment where these plants will grow is central Massachusetts,
and yes, the plants need to be legal. ;-)

Any help greatly appreciated.

-Jeff

http://www.google.com/search?as_q=phytoremediation
http://www.google.com/search?as_q=bioremediation

(There appears to be an International Journal of Phytoremediation.)

http://www.aehs.com/journals/phytoremediation/
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley