Old 11-08-2006, 03:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David \(in Normandy\)[_1_] David \(in Normandy\)[_1_] is offline

Default mechanical riddle / soil sieve?

At most supermarkets here they cost only 1 euro. Or at Super U they're
only 20 centimes!

Beat that!

David

One supermarket at Conde-sur-noireau are trialling plastic trolleys. I doubt
they will continue for long. By the time we were halfway round there was a
big "Bosh!" as a couple of jars fell out of a hole in the bottom smashing.
At this point we noticed that lots of our smaller items had disappeared too,
leaving a trail up and down the supermarket. I pointed out the problem to an
assistant and just got a "not my problem" type of "Gallic shrug". The
trolley ended up chained with the others outside ready for its next trail of
carnage. It seems the trolleys were just breaking as people were ramming
them back together in the trolley park. Expensive mistake for the
supermarket, both in trolleys and ongoing written off stock.
--
David
.... Email address on website http://www.avisoft.co.uk