Old 11-08-2006, 04:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Byford Nick Byford is offline

Default slow worms

We get a lot of them round our compost bins too.

I posted a picture on our website and from the descriptions in the other
replies you have had, I think this one was female. They're very placid
creatures and I love coming across them every now and then and cannot resist
picking them up to say hello. Sorry I'm a bit strange like that.

The only other snake like animals we have found in our garden was a black
snake type thing that shot off when the rock it was under was disturbed,
thought the slow worm it was there with, stayed put and the other have been
a couple of grass snakes, one we estimated at about three to four feet in
length as it shot across the pond.

Sometimes, nature is truly amazing

Nick
www.pennix.co.uk

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
Having a tidy up on the compost heap today I found a slow worm, what a
beautiful creature it is.

kate