Old 12-08-2006, 01:29 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga Diana Kulaga is offline

Default 2 Problems

Doesn't everyone love Nero Wolfe? Quel characteur!

Diana

"Kenni Judd" wrote in message
Jack: Other than seconding the notion of skipping the Neem Oil, I don't
think I can help you on the flasklings unless you find a good source for
actual flasks. I suspect that a lot of the damage is being done before
you get the little monsters (notwithstanding the best of care, packing and
intentions on the part of the grower shipping them to you).

So, you like Nero Wolfe G? Kenni

"Jack" wrote in message
oups.com...
Ok, So can you correct my culture so half my flaskling stop dying, or
are you suggesting that I take up reading Nero Wolfe (a very good
author) to ease my anxiety
over their death, other than that correct my diction all you want, as I
find debate about the realities of a living language an interesting
debate, even though I personally despise the whole english language

Jack

wrote:
Al wrote:

This reminds me of my favorite exchange from one of Rex Stout's Nero
Wolfe
novels. In it Wolfe had maneuvered one of his suspects into the red
chair
and was making him nuts with his erudite pedantic style of
interrogatory
interlocution until the man simply could not take it any more. He
said, "I
came here to find out what you've done with my wife, not to have my
grammar
corrected!" To which Wolfe dryly replied, "I'm not correcting your
grammar.
I'm correcting your diction."

Good old Nero, a model of correctness.

J. Del Col