Old 12-08-2006, 07:10 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Goldii Goldii is offline

Default Orchid Photo Theft

Hey Mick,

Ever heard of the word copyright? Maybe you are in 1976!
Kindly respect people who are ever willing to SHARE infomation and at
the very least, please ask permission first!! Have some courtesy
please.
Whiny naive crybaby? Please be kind and show some respect!!

Goldii

Mick Fournier wrote:
Nik,

Relax. If you put your photos on the web they are going to get used by
others... this is 2006, not 1976. Don't be such a whiny naive crybaby.

Mick

=====================

"vortex" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi all,

I have just discovered a website based in Denmark
(http://www.bc-orchideer.dk/phalaenopsis.html) unlawfully using several
of my orchid photos to sell their orchids. I won't be surprised if they
are also using photos of others too.

I have sent them a warning e-mail demanding that they removed the
photos ASAP and I would suggest others that are also affected do the
same. I'm really pi$$ed off when people stole my photos for commercial
gain. I have given permission to various individuals and organisations
for non-profit use of my photo collection but if they're making money
out of it, I feel that I need to be compensated.

Regards

Nik Fahmi of Vortex's Orchids
(http://zanaf.dyndns.biz)