Old 19-03-2003, 06:08 PM
gastropod

Default turf

Reasonable rolled truf will cost anything from £3.00. To prepare and lay a
turf lawn of that size will take twoor three man days depending on the lay
of the land.
In other words, for me or a colleague to lay a turf lawn would cost £600!
Listen to Warwick. The benefits of a seeded lwan are that it will fit the
patch well and will not sink in poorly prepared spots.
Neil
www.conceptgardens.com

"kev" wrote in message
Hello,

Complete gardening novice here.

I'm thinking about having a new laid. Lawn area is approx 80 Sq Meters.

I have a few questions:

1) How much approx will it cost? I don't want a bowling green for a lawn

but
a nice grass.

2) Is it worth doing myself? or shall I get someone in?

3) Would I need any special tools to do it?

4) Can anyone recommend anyone in the Hampshire area who supplies and

lay's
turf?

Many thanks

Kevin