Old 12-08-2006, 08:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham Charlie Pridham is offline

Default Rhododendron arboreum

"Sacha" wrote in message
Is anyone growing this or do they know its preferences as to climate? We
walked through Knightshayes garden this afternoon and there was quite an

old
one of these in the final stages of flowering. The scent was delicious!

We
have got two small R. Lady Alice Fitzwilliam through last winter and I
really would love to get R. arboreum if it will survive with us. Any
information will be most gratefully received.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Well I can not grow them so know very little about them! but down here R.
arboreum (aka Cornish Red) is in flower during the normal spring period, so
am I getting my names muddled again or is the plant you have seen a hybrid?
anyway there is an effort ongoing to replant younger R. arboreum because so
many Cornish plants were so large and aged, as a consequence most nurseries
are selling them at present.
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk