Old 12-08-2006, 07:14 PM posted to rec.gardens
Matthew Reed Matthew Reed is offline

Default Tomatillo help needed

I have several dozen tomatillo plants in my garden. The last time I grew
them, they grew into little stubby 12" bushes that didn't do much. This
time, they are 4-5 feet tall and the same in diamater. They are loaded with
little paper lantern things with little tomatillos inside:

http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2006%...s/DSCF4443.jpg

I have hundreds of these (fruit, not bushes)! Question - when do you pick
them? How do you tell if they are ripe and ready to harvest? And lastly,
does anyone have any recipes they would like to share? I grew these on a
whim and had no idea they would grow so well, I'm not quite sure what to do
with them :~|. They are just as prolific as my tomatoes, and have taken over
a few areas of the garden because I planted them too close to other things
because I didn't know they would get so big LOL.