Old 12-08-2006, 03:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
hazchem hazchem is offline

Default yellow between veins in leaves

cineman wrote:
Epsom salts usually does the trick for tomatoes when they show this symptom

"hazchem" wrote in message
ps.com...
My grape vine has yellow between veins in leaves. One book says iron
deficiency, another iron. Whos right?

When I typed my original post I was in a hurry and so I typed 'iron'
twice when I should have typed iron or magnesium deficiency. As I
understand it, epsom salts is a magnesium compound and can cure
magnesium deficiency. Perhaps if I used some rose fertilizer, that
might contain Fe and Mg, as well as P and K and some N too.

I don't add nitrogen fertilizer to my vines, although some authorities
say I should. Most of my vines seem to be rampant anyway. One book said
a hand-full of superphosphate per vine per year and 2 of sulphate of
potash. If I had wood ash I would use it; it has potash but also
reflects light up.