Old 12-08-2006, 05:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default 'Woody tasting' eating apples

David WE Roberts writes
On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 10:29:11 +0100, David WE Roberts wrote:

Hi,

in our gravel 'n dust back garden here in the Kennet Valley we have tow
eating apple trees (variety unknown).

snip
It seems sad to have a huge crop of shiny, sweet red apples which are
basically inedible because there is only so much blotting paper I can chew
before I start to wonder why I am doing it.

snip

Much to my relief, the woodiness seems to be abating.

Many of the apples which fall are still not really good, but some on the
trees are now getting good to eat.

Thanks for all the information - if earlies aren't keepers then I will
shortly be importuning strangers to take away bags full of them.

Turn them into apple juice and freeze them.

(Freeze the apples whole and thaw - that makes them soft enough to put
through a fruit press)
--
Kay