Old 13-08-2006, 12:26 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Lynn Lynn is offline

Default preserving habaneros

I will try this with some.Mostly I will be just using them as a salsa or
chilli ingred

--
Lynn ---DOF Leaper
Smokers are a dying breed

"George Shirley" wrote in message
. ..

AFAIK Barb doesn't can peppers. Canning them will not make them like fresh
peppers. Mostly you end up making a pickle of them as follows:

Cap the peppers so the pickle can get inside and out. Sterilize a jar,
fill full of peppers. Bring a pickle of 50:50 5% vinegar and water with
whatever pickling spices you might like to a boil. Pour over the peppers
in the jar and put on the lid and ring, hand tighten. Boiling water bath
for at least 5 minutes, take out and allow to sit on a folded towel for 24
hours. Should last up to two years with no problems.

George