Old 12-08-2006, 10:29 PM posted to rec.ponds
Bill Stock Bill Stock is offline

Default There's an alien in my Pond.

Ok, it's not actually IN the Pond, more like living on top of the filter.
OK, so it may not be a real alien, at least not a live one. Looks more like
a bodily byproduct, you know ....

I was taking the camophlage off my filter, wooden flower pot, with a bucket
of flowers on top. When I got the wooden flower pot off the filter, there
was this 4" long grey speckled item, that looked a lot like a digestive
byproduct. Except that I can't see how anything large enough could get in
there to leave this mass. Could it be a slug or some kind of egg mass?