Old 13-08-2006, 01:48 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,uk.rec.gardening,rec.ponds,alt.pets.cats
Stan The Man Stan The Man is offline

Default Washing Your Cat

In article , Joan in GB-W
wrote:

"barking pumpkin" wrote in message
Lamey The Cable Guy wrote:
Some people have the misconception that cats never have to be bathed.

Well, unless they have a serious mess, I guess I'm under that
misconception too.

So am I. My oldest, Romeo, had to be put down in March at age 19. In all
of his years he never had a bath. And his fur was always clean and soft.
Er, neither did Kimmy, age 16, and my Winston (sitting at my feet as I
type), age 17.

To the best of my knowledge, cats aren't people, and do not have to be
washed, unless some serious soiling takes place.

There are some parts of its body that a cat never washes, either
directly with its tongue or indirectly with a licked paw. They never
touch large areas of their back, nor their chin/throat, nor some other
parts. Probably at least 50% of the animal is never self-cleaned simply
because those parts are difficult to reach.. Human help is occasionally
needed.