Old 13-08-2006, 03:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
WaltA WaltA is offline

Default OT?: Winemaking

On 9 Aug 2006 05:27:31 -0700, "Mike Lyle"
wrote:
David Rance wrote:
[...]
Antifreeze was used in a highly publicised case more than twenty years
ago by a combine just outside Rust on the Neusiedler See in Austria in
order to sweeten the wine. The local small wine growers were outraged by
this and put up posters saying that their wine was good and did NOT
contain antifreeze. I still have one of these posters somewhere.

[...]

Ridiculous fuss over a perfectly reasonable little mistake! Why, only
last winter I put glycerol in the car radiator.
Worked as sweet as a nut.

The most important nut in the car is the one holding the steering
wheel