Old 13-08-2006, 12:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo
Inquisitor Inquisitor is offline

Default proper care of Bamboo?

(WilsonKKW) wrote in
:

I have bamboo stalks growing in water withe stones, and a few in
dirt? how
much should I be watering the ones in the soil/pots? I would imagine
the take alot of water since the ones in water with stones do so
well, am I right or wrong?

thanks
Kathy

Hi Kathy,
Actually, you are wrong, but it is a common misunderstanding. The plant
growing in water is marketed as "Lucky Bamboo", but it is not from the
bamboo family at all. Real bamboo actually won't cross water saturated
areas. Having said that, new bamboo needs to be watered pretty regularly
to get started, but once established, they are actually quite drought
resistant.

All the best,
Inquisitor