Old 13-08-2006, 10:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Malcolm Stewart Malcolm Stewart is offline

Default Paying someone to help in the garden?

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi Everyone

I'm thinking about hiring someone to come in once or twice a month to
help me keep on top of it and was just wondering if anyone here has
done the same?

Any tips to pass on? How much should I expect to pay? (I'm in
Berkshire). In the main I'm talking about routine jobs like cutting
hedges and grass, weeding beds, strimming etc.

My "gardener" stopped visiting me when, being short of cash, I paid him by
cheque. Seems that his business manager wife didn't like it.

--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK