Old 13-08-2006, 11:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes[_1_] Alan Holmes[_1_] is offline

Default Cleavers

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"ned" wrote in message

I think the comfort of Ladies Bedstraw came from the aroma which
masked the domestic odours of them long gone days.
:-)

I've been away for a week but I'm interested in what 'domestic odours' you
think would need masking and in which days?

Unwashed bodies, which bathed once a week, on a saturday night in a tin bath
in front of the fire, first in the bath were the children then father then
mother!

It was reported that many years ago before peple have a once a week bath,
that an upper class 'gentleman' when asked one day if he was clean, replied,
'Clean, clean, of course I'm clean I have a bath once a year, whether I need
it or not!'

Alan

Mary

--