Old 13-08-2006, 11:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
MadCow MadCow is offline

Default Willow cuttings

In message , Janet Galpin
writes

Is there any chance that cuttings of Lonicera x purpusii 'Winter Beauty'
would take now or should I wait and do hardwood cuttings in winter?

It's OK from leafy cuttings if you can prevent the leaves drying out.
I've succeeded with it outdoors in warm drizzly weather, in a shady
place among other plants, in early summer. Present conditions aren't
ideal though.
Cuttings with some hard wood are probably better.

Check the source plant for suckers or basal shoots with some roots on,
they're halfway there already.

--
Sue ]