Old 14-08-2006, 10:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Cleavers

On 14/8/06 10:23, in article
, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"ned" wrote in message

I think the comfort of Ladies Bedstraw came from the aroma which
masked the domestic odours of them long gone days.
:-)

I've been away for a week but I'm interested in what 'domestic odours'
you think would need masking and in which days?

Unwashed bodies, which bathed once a week, on a saturday night in a tin
bath in front of the fire, first in the bath were the children then father
then mother!

Alan, I don't know what happened when you were a child but when I was,
although we only bathed once a week (on a Friday) we washed daily. But the
reference was to mediaeval times, not when we were young.

snip

This makes me think of a story told me to me yesterday about a very old
lady who could no longer get in and out of the bath. She told this person
that she washed down as far as possible, then she washed up as far as
possible and then she washed possible! ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk