Old 14-08-2006, 02:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC BAC is offline

Default Hedgehog repellent?

"Evan" wrote in message
oups.com...
BAC wrote:
your garden, or if you find a sick or injured hedgehog (whether injured

by
your dog or from any other cause) you may phone BHPS on 01584 890801 for
advice and/or the telephone number of a local carer.

Thanks Bac,

My dog has killed only one hedgehog. She really is more curious than
protective of her back yard. I usually find in the morning she's
sleeping next to the critters like nothing's happened.

Of the remaining dozen or so hedgehogs that have survived the night
physically unharmed, I put them in a bucket and roll them back into the
bushes about 200 yards from home.

I will call that advice number if I discover a hedgehog with injuries.

You might find
http://www.britishhedgehogs.org.uk/
interesting. I don't think it advises on your particular problem - how to
deter hedgehogs from entering your garden - but it does include contact
details, and few people have more practical experience of hedgehogs than
those available to BHPS.