Old 14-08-2006, 07:30 PM posted to rec.gardens
paghat paghat is offline

Default "Perfect" lawns are hideous

In article . com,
"raycruzer" wrote:

Some people believe that our society's fixation with lawns causes
considerable environmental problems including water depletion,
pesticide and herbicide pollution, habitat degradation, and threats to
biodiversity. The National Lawn Conversiion Program
http://www.conservationinstitute.org/lawnconversion.htm advocates
pulling out your grass and replacing it with native plants. Once it's
done, you save time in maintaining your garden (for us lazy folks),
save on chemicals, water and machines (plus gas) to keep on mowing
lawns.

For more info on lawn conversions and examples of converted lawns,
visit the Ergonica World of Weeds website weeding tips page.

What does having an expensive lawn really mean?

Here's my article on the subject, "Lawn Loonies and Envirophobia":
http://www.paghat.com/lawnloony.html
One horrible thing is that in many places, healthy meadows are illegal as
the lawn nazis have passed laws against not destroying the environment.
Municiple codes with possibility of frequently make the natural habitate
recommended by the Lawn Conversion Program fineable offenses. A healthy
environment is viewed as an eyesore &amp all wildlife therein as vermine.

-paghat the ratgirl
--
Get your Paghat the Ratgirl T-Shirt he
http://www.paghat.com/giftshop.html