Old 14-08-2006, 11:06 PM posted to rec.gardens
Carl 1 Lucky Texan Carl 1 Lucky Texan is offline

Default "Perfect" lawns are hideous

Jangchub wrote:

On 13 Aug 2006 14:50:01 -0700, "Mean Mr Mustard"
wrote:

Look fake, poisonous and manufactured by Chem-Lawn. Gimme clovers,
dandelions, mole trails, grub damage and moss any day.

I agree and that is what I have. However, I also respect those who
want all that hard work to maintain a lawn. In my neighborhood the
men are such assholes they compete who can do a better job, and who
can make the most obnoxious noise doing it.

The only thing my husband does is mow the tiny lawn. Everything else
is cultivated beds...which need weeding!!!!!!!!

I like to tell my wife my goal is to have the second worst lawn on the
block. Just so someone driving down the street can't point to mine being
the worst. If I spend more time than that, I consider it a waste since
I'd prefer to tend to my specimens, tropicals, ornamental/whatever or go
inside and surf the net or watch a movie! hah!

Carl

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)