Old 15-08-2006, 01:11 AM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Default Help, hornworms!!!!!!!!

"helco" expounded:

I hope no one feels this is out of place in this group. Here's a link to
two lovely poems written about hornworms by Stanley Kunitz, who died this
past May at the age of 100. He was a pulitzer prize winner and was twice
the US poet laureate, and he was an avid gardener. The link also shows
pictures of a hornworms in two phases: one as is being discussed in this
thread, and the other toward the end of its life. (There's also a photo of
the poet.) The poems are Hornworm: A Summer Reverie, and Hornworm: An
Autumn Lamentation.
http://p216.ezboard.com/fthearcadian...ID=966. topic

Thank you for posting this, I enjoyed them both!
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts