Old 14-08-2006, 10:33 PM posted to rec.ponds
Köi-Lö[_1_] Köi-Lö[_1_] is offline

Default New Ponder ?'s

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message

In 6' deep by 30 to 40'? There is practically zero chance that you will
see
those fish again until they reach 6" or more! They're probably loving it,
but they don't need to come to you for food. The feeders may have become
food for the koi, as there won't be much else there for them to feed on,
yet, but much more likely they're just keeping out of the way of the
bigger
fish.

As I recall you don't keep koi in your pond. I've never seen them eat fry
of any size although they will eat eggs if easy to reach on the pond liner.
I don't know if our feeding them twice daily has anything to do with it.
Sometimes I wish the would eat some of them as both the 800 and the 2000g
are already overrun with young koi. We'll have to drain the ponds and
remove all these new babies later in the fall.
--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.