Old 19-03-2003, 07:20 PM
Anne Wheeldon

Default That new Garden Prog awful

"Jack" wrote in message
I'm not sure about the Plantsman, either.

"Drakanthus" wrote:

What do others make of the new "Plantsman" program? Drakanthus.

I have actually enjoyed Alan Titchmarsh's new series of "How to be a
Gardener" if only because I realise that i actually know quite a lot about
gardening!! ;0))
I watched the new "Ground Force" lineup and really shuddered at the
inappropriate laughter and the lack of any useful info about gardens. (Maybe
always was so you say to yourself.)

The Plantsman I love: partly because of the funny camera angles and strange
shots but mainly because Chris Collins communicates such a love of plants. I
can smell his lavender and, for the first time in my life, actually found
plants like dahlias and Chrysanthemums beautiful. Up till now I thought they
were the Barbie dolls of the plant world.

Anne