Old 15-08-2006, 10:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham Charlie Pridham is offline

Default Colcichine and diploid/tetraploid

"Careful with that axe Eugene" wrote in message
ups.com...
The item on Colcichine and diploid/tetraploid
was fascinating.

Could anyone tell me how much Colcihine would
be needed? This comes as 500 microgrammes as a Gout
treatment tablet. Would say 4 of these disolved in
water and used to germinate seeds do the job?

Would I be likely to end up with a man eating Triffid
or a triangular Tomato plant?

Also would any changes to the plant be passed on
to its seeds?

Thanks

Know nothing about this technically, but am familiar with a clematis montana
called 'Tetra Rose' which I know was created using these techniques and has
as a consequence larger leaves and flowers, it has produced seedlings which
are all normal.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk