Old 15-08-2006, 03:52 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
[email protected] delcolja@mail.ab.edu is offline

Default Cleaning Vanda Baskets

Ray wrote:
ZeroTol is billed as "hydrogen dioxide" and is stabilized with peroxyacetic
acid (it leaves the GH smelling like vinegar after use). It is manufactured
by Bio-Safe Systems (888-273-3088).

It is still a strong oxidizer, but it mush safer to use than
higher-concentrations of hydrogen peroxide.

"Hydrogen dioxide" is a synonym for hydrogen peroxide. This stuff has
a $20 hazmat fee tacked to its already exorbitant price. I suspect it
is just another formulation of concentrated H2O2.

Long rubber gloves and goggles would be my choice for handling the
stuff.

J. Del Col