Old 15-08-2006, 04:41 PM posted to rec.ponds
Kevin Kevin is offline

Default Pond plants to fish tank.

So guys (and gals), has anyone ever moved plants from their pond to an
indoor aquarium?

Am I risking disaster by introducing something i don't want.

My Elodea in my pond is overgrown and would look great as a centerpiece
plant in my 29 gallon tank inside.

The indoor tank is a community tank of relatively hardy species (barbs,
guppies, rainbow fish, etc). Nothing overly sensitive.

Should I do a conditioning job on the tank after introduction to guard
against any unwanted introductions.

I should not that the Elodea plants are coming from a pond with a UV
clarifier so hopefully any really bad guys have been zapped already.

Kevin in Chicago