Old 15-08-2006, 03:45 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
notebook notebook is offline

Default Lawn Tractor oil leak

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a JD LX172 which developed an oil leak somewhere under the
engine. It seemed to start after an oil/filter change. I have checked
for the obvious places. Is there a seal on the underside of the engine?

Thanks

When the seals are changed out, have them measure the bore for roundness. I
had a seal go in a cold state a couple of weeks ago, and all of the oil
ended up on the floor of my garage. It was not overfilled either. I had
the same seal replaced about two years ago. It could be that the bore is
elongated also.