Old 15-08-2006, 04:39 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko Srgnt Billko is offline

Default fruit trees by web

"mm" wrote in message
On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 11:54:47 GMT, "Srgnt Billko"
wrote:

"mm" wrote in message
. ..
Well, I finally cut up my dead apple tree, and I want to get another
fruit tree to replace it.

Do you have a company on the web that you recommend for fruit trees.
I'm in Baltimore.

The guy at a local garden shop didn't have any/many fruit trees and
recommended a website, or a company on the web, but I can't find my
notes and have forgotten it.

Yup - Miller Nursery in Canadaigua, NY. We've ordered from them and were
very happy. Then we drove up another year and enjoyed that visit also.

That's the one. I never could have remembered it, but I recognize it.

Even if I find a place to buy locally, I like to review things in
advance.

Also, I"ve brought a dogwood tree home in the back of my compact
convertible and I worried about the wind on the tree, even though I
didnt' drive fast. How would a fruit tree react to wind?

How does Millers handle delivery. I presume it comes in a truck with
a roof, so no wind issues?

More answers will cost you in advance. And no - I'm not going to pick them
up for you, deliver them, and plant them for you.