Old 15-08-2006, 04:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Greenhouse greenfly infestation- help

On 15/8/06 15:51, in article ,
"Easynews" wrote:

I've tried all the bio remedies- parasitic flies of various species and
ladybirds. Now I'm facing millions of the greenflies- the air is thick and
they are swarming over everything, tomatoes, courgettes, cucumbers, herbs,
and fruit has pretty well stopped growing. I've been a committed organic
gardener for years- but this has got beyond a joke- any tips? It is a large
greenhouse- 18 feet by 10, full of plants.
PD

Try to keep your nerve and keep going with the bio remedies. Consider
introducing more of whatever you're using in that line and perhaps hanging
up lots of bird feeders full of seeds and peanuts to encourage them into
your greenhouse.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk