Old 15-08-2006, 07:41 PM posted to rec.gardens
Diogenes Diogenes is offline

Default "Perfect" lawns are hideous

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 12:34:33 GMT, Jangchub wrote:

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 22:29:36 -0400, "James"
wrote:

"Mean Mr Mustard" wrote in message
roups.com...
Look fake, poisonous and manufactured by Chem-Lawn. Gimme clovers,
dandelions, mole trails, grub damage and moss any day.

You are right. It's the American way.

I almost hate to bring politics into this, but on 60 Minutes last
Sunday, Mike Wallace did his alpha dog thing with the president of
Iran and he was knocked off his stealth.

The Iranian was intelligent, tried to give answers, but was shut down
and asked to make simple answers of yes and no to many of his complex
questions.

Wow - guess we weren't watching the same interview.

Amena-whathisname IS crazy (he belongs to a particularly virulent
branch of Islam), but crazy like a fox. He never did give an answer
to ANY of Mike Wallace's perfectly legitimate questions. He's tied
with our very own Condi Rice in using up air time giving long,
meaningless non-replies.

But Mr. Iran President, former mayor of Baghdad "Israel must be wiped
off the face of the earth" outdid Condi, as does any mouthpiece for
Islamic world hegemony, and now terrorism.

Ya gotta remember that the Arabic language (which I wish I had enuff
years left to learn!-- a glorious literature, especially poetry --
too little translated in the West) is what holds together
Arabic-speakers all over the world, regardless of their branch of
Islam, their ideology, whether they are Arabs or no, etc.

Arabic-speakers are in love with their language.

But they -- especially Arabs -- express themselves very differently
from English speakers and other speakers of Western-European
languages. They use what we would consider flowery, over-blown
rhetoric, littered with hair-raising figures of speech, and much
sabre-rattling. Also, the norm in Arabic language is to constantly
invoke the name of God. That is not my value judgment; it's actually
the way the language is used. (Visit MEMRI.org for translations of
Arabic-language materials.)

The Arab mind works differently from the pragmatic,
scientifically-oriented Western mind. (See the basic analytic work in
this field, by the late, great Raphael Patai "The Arab Mind",
companion volume to his "The Jewish Mind").

The Arabic mind envisions a thing; therefore it is as good as done.

I.E. how they view the wars which they actually lost, but which they
perceive differently. Most Arabs, especially the great masses who do
not have access to wider soources of information, live in a dream
world, harkening back 1300 years to the "good old days". If you dare
to wonder why the Arab countries (with the possible exception of
Turkey) are all repressive dictatorships that have to import
technology from abroad; that have no civil liberties or freedom of
religion; that oppress women and minorities; that have high levels of
unemployment and soaring birth ratea; that are obligated by their holy
book to kill all infidels who will not convert -- their answer is that
everything is somebody else's fault. Usually Israel; also the Great
Satan (the US) and its allies.

What a waste of potentially useful human capital!

Arab leaders and the uneducated masses they infuence never take
responsibility for the backwardness created by their own fanatical,
death-oriented drive to recreate the Caliphate world-wide. They have
been slaughtering each other for many hundreds of years over who is
the true successor to their founding prophet.

The only Arab intellectuals who see the need to bring the Arab
countries into the real world are writing from the Diaspora --London
or the U.S. Try it at home and you're jailed or killed.

Diogenes