Old 16-08-2006, 03:23 AM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] alice@fearofdolls.com is offline

Default planting where there once was a tree?

We have a "dead" spot in our yard, dirt, a few weeds, etc, and I'm
trying to figure out if we could plant something there...grass, tree,
shrubs, perrenials, etc. The problem is, there seem to be some roots
left behind, I'm guessing there was a tree there at one time. If there
are still some roots (there don't seem to be too many, only 2 that I
can see) would planting something new be a big problem?