Old 16-08-2006, 04:23 AM posted to rec.gardens
Elaine Elaine is offline

Default planting near pine tree

Hi Alice. I have hostas, archangel (sp?) ground cover and a nikko blue
Hydrangea under my pine. Oh almost forgot, a Clematis 'Nelly Moser'
growing up through the hydrangea. All are quite happy so far. Been about 3
yrs now and dappled sun/shade area.

Elaine in Ga
Zone 7b
wrote in message
ps.com...
We have a front yard (Tacoma Washington) with a space where there were
once plants for years (now dead) and I'd like to plant something new,
but the area in question is both often in the shade of a pine tree, as
well covered by pine needles. What kind of plants (perrenials/shrubs)
would grow here?