Old 16-08-2006, 06:47 AM posted to rec.gardens
sherwindu sherwindu is offline

Default planting near pine tree

Just be careful about currants and gooseberries. Some varieties interact with
the White Pines and result in White Pine Blister Rust.

Sherwin D.

wrote:

We have a front yard (Tacoma Washington) with a space where there were
once plants for years (now dead) and I'd like to plant something new,
but the area in question is both often in the shade of a pine tree, as
well covered by pine needles. What kind of plants (perrenials/shrubs)
would grow here?