Old 16-08-2006, 05:17 PM posted to rec.gardens
Elaine Elaine is offline

Default Hydrangea bloom not coloring

Hon sounds like it was mis-labeled at the nursery.
It should be either blue or pink depending on soil pH.
Preferably Blue for a Nikko. Sorry. Take it back.

Elaine in Ga
Zone 7b
"scfundogs" wrote in message
I have a Nikko hydrangea, planted a couple of months ago, that has grown
quite a bit and looks very healthy. I purchased it from a nursery with one
mophead already on it but it was still green. The mophead has also grown
but hasn't colored at all.

Another mophead is forming but is white. Its planted in shade with patchy
morning sunlight for a few hours and has been kept well-watered. My other
hydrangeas (not Nikkos) are blooming away beautifully. Any guesses as to
why the flowers aren't coloring?

--
Tara