Old 19-03-2003, 07:32 PM
Eric Schreiber

Default DIY CO2 Mixtu A definitive Answer?

"Frank Mamone" wrote:

So you're using the Hagen diffuser with your own bottle?

Correct. I wanted the diffuser from the moment I saw one in the store.
But I also wanted to go on the cheap as much as I could.

I'm only getting 1 bubble per 6 seconds tops!
I'll try your recipe with my own bottle and see what happens. The thing is
it only lasts one week right?
I suppose you prepare your new bottle 1 day ahead of time?

I'm cheating - I've got two bottles hooked up, with staggered start
times. The plan is that each week I'll replace the oldest bottle's
mixture, which means that I'm keeping each bottle on for two weeks.

And I also keep the bottles in the same cabinet as the ballasts for my
DIY lighting modification to the Eclipse hood. This keeps them
slightly warmer than room temperature, which probably contributes.

The plan hasn't had much chance to work in actual practice yet. As I
mentioned, I have a tendency to knock the bottles over which screws
things up. Plus, I did a poor job of sealing the airline connection to
the caps the first time around, and had to deal with that about two
weeks ago.

So this is really my first successful run - I haven't knocked the
bottles over all week.

--
www.ericschreiber.com