Old 16-08-2006, 06:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
OmManiPadmeOmelet[_3_] OmManiPadmeOmelet[_3_] is offline

Default What's your verdict?

In article ,
"J.C." wrote:

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" wrote in message
news

Use raised beds and the water is used more efficiently.

Perhaps you missed my original post. I do use raised beds.

My bad. ;-)
The point got side-tracked.

The purpose for
the cups is to regulate the amount of water as per the specifications in the
book "Square Foot Gardening". My only question is, is there any reason why I
should NOT plant the entire cup when moving from the greenhouse to the
garden, instead of taking the plant out of the cup and planting it?

Not that I can see... Styrofoam is inert.
As far as I know, it's not going to be biodegrading and putting toxins
into the soil. I could be wrong. ;-) You may want to google it.

My concern would be size. Are not the plants going to outgrow the cup?
How is too small of a cup going to regulate water usage?

1 gallon plastic pots might work better maybe?
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson