Old 16-08-2006, 07:41 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
J.C.[_1_] J.C.[_1_] is offline

Default What's your verdict?

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"J.C." wrote:

The cups have the bottoms cut out of them when planted out in the garden
so
the roots grow down into the box and outgrowing the cup is no problem.
You
use 32 ounce cups and only put about 2 inches of potting soil in them to
start the seeds in. This leaves enough "empty" cup to pour water into
when
out in the garden. The SFG book calls for watering the plants
individually
with "cups" of water, i.e. one cup a week for X, 1 cup a day for Y, and
so
on. Supposedly this regulates the water to preclude under watering or
over
watering, which I tend to do.

--
J.C.

If you have a guide book with a tried and true method, what are you
worried about???

Well, the guide book does not cover what I am wanting to do. The guide book
says to hollow out a saucer type affair and put the plant in the middle. And
that's okay I guess but being a lazy old man, I'm trying to figure out an
easier way to do this while still maintaining a bit of the integrity of the
SFG system.

Carry on, then post your results.
I'm very curious about this. I did not garden hardly at all this year
because I could not afford the water. :-(

Please share?
--
Peace!
Om