Old 16-08-2006, 10:42 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
J.C.[_1_] J.C.[_1_] is offline

Default What's your verdict?

wrote in message
"J.C." wrote:

It's very, very expensive to get started. You would be much happier with
"Square Foot Gardening". You can grow enough for a family of 4 in 16
square
feet of space.

Yep I'm aware of square foot gardening and the book

But I live in north Missouri where we have winter as
was curious if anyway to grow food garden year round?

I'm looking into ways to become self sufficient. Work
less for money. And being able to grow food year round
would really help!

I think you are going to have to learn to can and preserve and do all the
things the oldtimers did. Put "Sustained Agriculture" in google and I think
you will find a lot of good info.

--
J.C.