Old 17-08-2006, 04:20 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Al Al is offline

Default jujube seeds

"rtdrury" wrote in news:1155616738.706588.123680
@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Has anyone cracked open jujube seeds in order to sprout the embryo?
All the ones I've opened are hollow. Is a hollow seed a viable seed?
I expected the embryo to fill the cavity like other seeds.

I have. A friend gave me many jujube seeds from the middle east. I
cracked open the hard shell in a vise and each contained two seeds. I
germinated many of them. Just last month I cut down the last two jujube
trees. They are rapid growers.