Old 16-08-2006, 05:44 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj[_1_] ~ janj[_1_] is offline

Default Algae problem. Help!

Finally, I'm guessing that the algae, etc. might be first-year growing
pains. Once the system settles down a bit, I imagine it'll all work
itself out. However, if you're in a tropical country, you may face
different challenges than I do in Chicago.
Kevin

I agree, growing pains. This algae will settle down as the pond matures.
The difference from a tropical area verses Kevin's area, it probably mature
faster, imo.

Continue to scoop out the loose stuff, and don't disturb the stuff on the
sides. If any has sunk to the bottom and is loose, remove it. ~ jan
See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

Also ponding troll free at:
http://groups.google.com/group/The-Freshwater-Aquarium