Old 16-08-2006, 01:26 AM posted to aus.gardens
MAD scientist MAD scientist is offline

Default giant corn

"lentildude" wrote in message
oups.com...
Im looking for the largest corn I can get. Im really not into the
sweet
corn hybrids and prefer the maize type eating corn. In particular
corn
with largest kernal size. I would love to get my hands on peru gian
corn that has kernals 15mm wide!

been looking everywhere for seeds, any advice or seeds welcome.
http://img.alibaba.com/img/product/1...9/11140932.jpg

Interesting. Let us know if you find where to get hold of it.

I'm looking for a deep-rooted dry climate corn to
do some selective breeding with since water is
becoming so scarce.

So far Navaho Blue Corn seems to be amongst
the hardiest & most deeply rooted - now I need
to find a local source for the authentic genetics.