Old 16-08-2006, 08:44 PM posted to bionet.plants
mag mag is offline

Default What is it?

I planted 3 Rouge pumpkins, 3 New England pie pumpkins, 3 "Sweet Mama
Buttercup" squash, an acorn squash, a butternut squash, and 3 yellow
hybrid zucchinis in a manure pile in my garden. The vines have gone
crazy and it's hard to tell what's what. I ended up harvesting a small
yellow squash/pumpkin and have no idea what it is! It is 5-6" across,
yellow (waxy looking) with small green lines, and has a cup-like end
where the blossom was. Is this just and immmature pumpkin? Previous
pumpkins I've grown were green then orange. Picked it four days ago and
it has maintained its yellow color? Could it be a cross? Does this small
fruit sound redognizable to anyone? Thanks. mag