Old 15-08-2006, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
cineman cineman is offline

Default Greenhouse greenfly infestation- help

Introduce spiders it worked for me earlier in the year, mind you walking
into a spiders web first thing in the morning is not to be encouraged.
I found spiders webs covered in greenfly/blackfly and other flying insects,
or you could use old fashioned flypapers, use citronella oil either in
candles or essential oil,(havent tried it but am told it works)

Spray with soft soap

Collect and introduce ladybirds

Grow french marigolds.

If in doubt or panic try Provado Ultimate Bug Killer
I only use that on my Lilies for lily beetle
regards
Cineman

Try here for eco friendly spray
http://www.edirectory.co.uk/pf/pages...00ml&cid=8 80

"Easynews" wrote in message
m...
I've tried all the bio remedies- parasitic flies of various species and
ladybirds. Now I'm facing millions of the greenflies- the air is thick and
they are swarming over everything, tomatoes, courgettes, cucumbers, herbs,
and fruit has pretty well stopped growing. I've been a committed organic
gardener for years- but this has got beyond a joke- any tips? It is a
large greenhouse- 18 feet by 10, full of plants.
PD